Thursday, August 20, 2009



Caldwell, ID to Battle Ground, WA





This morning I left Caldwell, ID on the last leg of the Ride for Hunger and headed for home. It was a beautiful day for a ride. During one stop at the rest area west of Baker City, OR I met some people who were traveling back from the Pathfinder Camporee and had a nice conversation. A couple of friends (John Wesslen and David Giles) joined me in Hood River to ride the last hour with me. We rode into PACS, the last stop of the ride, before heading home. As we rode into Portland the traffic slowed us down and we were a little later than expected.

Riding down Halsey was the above sign welcoming me back. There were a few staff and volunteers around to share ice cream and stories with. They even had a reporter there that took some pictures and asked me a few questions.

I truly appreciate the support I have received through this project and many people thanked me for what I did for PACS. I did the riding but God will make this project successful. His presence was felt the entire way. Yes, there were some obstacles along the way but the Lord was definitely with me on this ride. I am thankful for His patience with me on this project as I tried everything I could think of to forget about the fund-raising matters but He would not let the idea go away until I gave Him control for this project. I am very hopeful that this ride will be beneficial for PACS. How can it not be successful if the Lord is behind the scenes working through our insecurities?

The total trip was 6,272 miles and I rode through 23 of the 24 scheduled states. The only one I missed was Illinois.

While the Ride for Hunger is officially complete, please stay tuned for further updates on the fund-raising and baptism photos.

8-20-09 Stats

425 miles
6,272 miles down
0 miles to go
100% complete
States - ID, OR, WA

No comments:

Post a Comment