Friday, August 7, 2009

Childress, TX to Jefferson, TX

I just want to thank the Lord for a beautiful day of riding. The skies were clear most of the way and there was no rain or lightning. After leaving Childress, I headed south to Wichita Falls and then east to Paris. Yes, now I can say that I've been to Paris (Texas that is). As I traveled east the scenery got better and better. East Texas is quite a bit different than West Texas or the Panhandle. It was still hot and humid, but at least there was more to look at than miles and miles of open space. It is hard to believe that my travel time today was approximately eight hours and I am still in Texas.

I made it safely to my parents house and will spend the weekend with them before heading north towards Oshkosh and the Pathfinder Camporee.

I want to thank all of you for your generous contributions. Thanks, Brian, for the update. It is truly amazing what God can do if we allow him to lead.

Have a Happy Sabbath!

8-07-09 Stats
388 miles
2,624 miles down
3,567 miles to go
42.4% complete
States - TX

2 comments:

  1. Just found out about your ride and blog. What a neat idea. We are envious of your ride, someday we need to do a group ride like this for SKMM. We did a 4 day ride two years ago from Cedar City to Zion, Grand Canyon, Monument Valley and Bryce Canyon. 800+ mile loop. We a started and ended in Cedar City. Awesome country. Need more time to see it all. God Bless, we will pray for your safety and follow you blogs. We are also sharing this with the rest of SKMM chapters. Tony and Val Lambert, Hollister SKMM chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do remember how boring west Texas was. Ft. Worth is as far east in Texas as I've ever been in a car, and strangely enough, I don't remember Ft. Worth much--I just remember the miles and miles of farms and empty space leading up to it.

    I'm greatly enjoying your updates. I hope you're able to get some time to post some more pictures too--I'm always interested to see what you're describing, even if it's not as exciting as some of the spectacular scenery from the first part of your trip.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete