Monday, August 10, 2009







Jefferson, TX to Siloam Springs, AR





After spending the weekend with my parents, it was time to head north to Oshkosh. Today's ride was scheduled to go into Neosho, MO but due to a thunderstorm in Siloam Springs, AR I came up 57 miles short which will make tomorrow's ride a little longer than expected. My original idea was to go through Gentry, AR, just a few miles north of Siloam Springs, and visit Ozark Adventist Academy where I spent my high school years. I actually started north and decided to turn around when I saw a wall of rain ahead and lightning strikes all around. I thought I could wait the storm out since there was some clearing skies to the west and then the storm changed directions and started moving south. It made for some interesting sights as I waited and after more than an hour of lightning, thunder, wind, and rain it was apparent that the storm was going to last for a while. I waited for a lull and got a room at the local Best Western. It looks like I might get some rain early tomorrow and then it looks to start clearing up by the time I hit Kansas City.

The pathfinders are starting to arrive at Oshkosh and tomorrow my wife and oldest daughter will be traveling. Please join me in remembering those who are still traveling and those who have already arrived. I pray that this experience will bring everyone involved into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ.

8-10-09 Stats
352 miles - 57 miles short of goal
2,976 miles down
3,215 miles to go
48% complete
States - TX, LA, OK, AR

No comments:

Post a Comment