Sunday, August 16, 2009

Oshkosh, WI to Milbank, SD

This morning broke early as we had to get up at 5:00 am and break down the camp for the Meadow Glade Pathfinders. It is a huge task to manage a club as large as Meadow Glade and it was surprising to see how quickly everything could be taken down and packed away.

I waited around until the buses had left for the trip to Chicago Midway Airport and headed for home. After about 30 to 45 minutes into the trip it started to rain but I had a "long way to go and a short time to get there" so I put on my rain pants and pushed on. The rain was not too bad, but the heavy winds made things more interesting. One gust hit so hard I thought it was going to push me off the motorcycle. The weather got better the farther west I went today. I hope that trend continues the rest of the week.

8-16-09 Stats
467 miles
4,396 miles down
1,795 miles to go
71% complete
States - WI, MN, SD

1 comment:

  1. Hi Robert,

    It was good to visit with you at the Trust meetings. I sounds like your trip is going well and you are on the home stretch. Enjoy and be safe!

    Kurt Allen

    ReplyDelete