Monday, July 27, 2009



Battle Ground, WA to Weed, CA

This weekend the 21 stages of the Tour de France were completed with Alberto Contador winning. It is time to focus on the 15 stages of the Tour de Oshkosh with PACS benefitting from the funds that have been/will be donated. Thank you for your generous support of PACS through this project.
Today Stage 1 is in the books (sorry for the bad accounting pun) and what a day for riding it was. The route today was pretty straight forward rolling down I-5 all the way to Weed, CA in the shadows of Mt Shasta. If only the weather were a little cooler. I overheard someone at the gas station in Medford say that the thermometer showed a temperature of 108 degrees. I understand that the entire length of the I-5 corridor had triple digit temperatures. Whose idea was it to do this during the summer? I guess this is training for later in the week when I travel through Nevada, Utah, Arizona, and New Mexico.
Thank you all for remembering me in your prayers and I humbly ask that you continue to do so.

July 27, 2009 Stats
Start time - 10:00 am PT
Finish time - 5:30 pm PT
376 miles completed - 5,815 miles to go - 6% complete
States - WA, OR, CA

1 comment:

  1. Wow. 108! That doesn't sound fun. I'm glad you survived the first leg of the trip! Nice shot of Shasta.

    ReplyDelete